Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 34

So for this last week's adventures, Hermana Peralta was sick, so while she was upstairs sleeping, I decided to do a little housework. I wanted some background noise, so I went upstairs to get the DVDs of "The District" to put into our mini DVD player. I was walking back down and reading the description of one of the cases...
Aaaaaaand I fell down the stairs. 

And I messed up the pinky toe on my left foot. It bends really weird now. It doesn't hurt, though. As it turns out, I lost the feeling in both pinky toes when I started my mission because of all the walking. They look normal, but I feel nothing. Weird...

I ate bugs again this week. Weevles. (Or however you spell it.) We were eating beans and there were little buggies hanging around. I didn't taste anything, though. Protein, baby!
We didn't find Marcello this week. (The guy with the rabbit.) He wasn't home. But we'll definitely catch him this week.

As for Natalie, her biggest challenge is coming to church. We're working on that as well. But with her other commitments such as praying and reading her scriptures, she's progressing well. And she likes to listen to us and feel the Spirit.

Amador showed up in the church building in a suit and tie. Hermana Peralta and I congratulated him and told him that he looked great, keeping our cool and all, but inside we had a silent freakout moment. It was a very emotional moment. He's progressing, he's feeling the truth of what we've taught, and I am confident that he is going to be baptized on the 8th of August. Woooooooo!

This week was really productive and we had the best church attendance yet this cambio. We had 53 in our tiny branch. Which is an improvement! Also, one of our less-actives came to church for the first time in almost a year. Another (inside) mini freakout moment!!!! 

Thanks for the prayers. They're working well! Hahaha!
I know that this is the Lord's work, and there isn't anything in the world that can slow it down. I am so grateful for this time I have to be an instrument in His hands. Even though it's been difficult at times, I never once regretted my decision to get on that plane headed to South America. I know that this is the true church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is perfect. The people may be a little rough around the edges, but if they were perfect, we wouldn't need to be here on the earth. We learn and we grow. So what we need to remember is that NO MATTER WHAT anyone says or does, the church is still true. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth in its fullness by the prophet Joseph Smith. The Lord revealed His word in ancient times, and He reveals His word now. If not, he would be a changeable God. But I know that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. And He loves us eternally.
I love you all so much, and I hope that you have a FANTASTIC week!
¡Sigan adelante!
¡¡¡¡CIAOOOOOOO!!!!!


Me and my housemates eating lunch in the house. Peru, Ecuador, Mexico, and the U.S.! woooo!
The little discs are fried bananas.











Me with a completo. Oh my goodness I need to make completos for you guys when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment