Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 35

So I would like to start off by saying that we have the announcements for transfers coming up this next week, and I have gone into my usual "anxious mode." Guhhhh the anticipation KILLS me! Pretty sure my companion is getting transferred out. :(

Yesterday's testimony meeting in our little Almendroza branch was so powerful. A lot of the youth and primary kids got up to say a few words. Although the testimonies were simple, there was a lot of power behind what they said. One 12 year old boy stood up at the pulpit and said, "Yo se que vive mi Salvador JesuCristo..." (I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives.) And from there he began to cry. And then I started crying. And then my companion. And then pretty much the whole room was filled with the sounds of people sniffling and ruffling around in their bags for kleenex. My goodness it was awesome. I love being a missionary.

Elder Junior - an elder from Brazil that was in my first group of missionaries in Paine - is headed back to Brazil. Along with my trainer, Hermana Rajapakse and the Trainer of Hermana Peralta, Hermana KiniKini. 

I don't know what to make of the mix of emotions I feel. Yeah, I'm not with Hermana Rajapakse, but I still feel this kind of sad-nostalgic pit inside of me. Waaaaaah! 

Well done, people. Well done.

Hermana Rajapakse. I know you'll eventually begin to blog-stalk me. So here's your shout-out. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

So yesterday Amador had his baptismal interview with Elder Flores. He says that he is good and ready. YAAAAAAY! We're arranging everything for the baptism and there seems to be a great deal of excitement in our little branch. I'm super excited for Amador. He's doing great, learning fast, and I think he's already been implemented seamlessly into the branch.

Hermana  Peralta and I went and visited Andrea this last week, but we didn't find her. Our goal is to find her this week. Apparently her husband actually knows Hermano Castillo in the Almendroza Branch.

Yay! Connections! 


So we'll see what we can do this week.

We had a mini going-away party for Elder Junior with an Hermana in the Paniague branch. She made us mini empanadas. I LOVE empanadas. And her empanadas are the best.

The only time I ever ate one that came close to the flavor was when the Branch in Paine threw a surprise coming-home party for a return sister missionary. 

I was in empanada heaven. Mmmmmmmmmm

I taught English class for the first time two weeks ago, and again this week. It was a lot of fun. Almost all of my students are terrified to try to speak in class, so that's a little tough, but I'm going to bring candy this next Saturday and see how that helps to motivate everyone. :D

In other news, today is Hermana Peralta's birthday. (My compy). I have a little cake to decorate for her when we get back home.

Sorry that this week's email was a little short. No time left.

That's all for this week's adventures. 

¡¡¡¡¡CIAO!!!!! ¡Les quiero con todo mi corazon!


A building in my last sector in Florida Talca. 
Can you find Slenderman?

The missionaries of la Zona Santa Cruz!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment