Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 39

First off, my bro Sam got his mission call to South Africa!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Today I introduced Sitball to the missionaries of Santa Cruz. And I may have created a monster. We played for two hours straight and everyone was still saying, "¡Ya ya! ¡Uno mas! ¡Uno mas!" 
Hahahaha I love sitball. 
Hermanas Vorwaller, Demetrio, Alvarez and I sang a special musical number in a baptism yesterday. Awesome stuff. It turned out great.

This last week we found a less-active member named Manuel. He got baptized 15 years ago, but stopped going to church because he just kind of fell out of the swing of things. It turns out that his wife, who is not a member of the church, had asked him several times if he could take her to church with him, but he said, "No. Because I haven't gone in a long time." 
We have an appointment to go visit them on Tuesday and we're going to see where they're at.

Also, we have another less-active named Norma, and she told us that she hasn't been able to receive us in the nighttime because her grandson always comes home from work around that hour. We asked if we can come and teach him, and she said, "Okay. If you want to." So we have an appointment to go and teach him. His name is Ariel.

Tambien, we found Marcelo again! Wooooo! And we found out that his job gives him all of Sunday off so now he can come to church with his family! He says that he really wants to and I believe him! I really feel like he is one of those people who has been prepared to receive the Gospel at this time. He is so receptive and has a lot of faith in the Plan of Salvation. We have a return appointment to meet with him and his family, and from there we are going to set up another baptismal date. And we're really going to try to commit his wife and daughter this time as well. Here's to hoping that we can have a really great lesson with the Spirit, eh?
We were contacting a lot again and we came to one apartment where a little girl who is probably like 6 answered and immediately said, "¡Oh! ¡Pasen!" (Come in!) with the door wide open.

We laughed and were about to ask if her mom was home so that we could get her permission to come in, and suddenly an older lady (who I assume to be the grandma) rounded the corner and IMMEDIATELY yelled, "AAHHH!" and hid herself around the corner again. I poked my head forward to look at her and said, "¡Nononono! ¡No se preocupe! ¡No mordemos!" (Don't worry! We don't bite!) She ran and hid behind her armchair and shrieked back, "¡NO ME IMPORTA! ¡VAYENSE! ¡NO QUIERO NADA CON USTEDES!" (I don't care! Get out of here! I don't want anything to do with you.) I said, "Uhhh... ¿Cree in Dios?" (Do you believe in God?) She said, "NO! ¡NO CREO IN NADIE!" (No! I don't believe in anybody!) I said, "Ok. Chao no mas." Sheesh. You'd think Godzilla showed up at her door by the way she reacted. 

Maybe I'll put her name on the future investigators form for future missionaries and write that she was a very sweet nice old lady. :D
In other random news, let me tell you about some of the animals in my life.

We have a big bird that lives near the basketball court behind the church building, and it laid three eggs. Only one of them survived, and that psycho bird protects its baby fiercely. And there's a daddy bird, too. Normally a bird divebombing my head wouldn't scare me so much, but these things are evil. On each wing they have an orange spine. And they whack their wings into you with those spines. I never knew that birds like this existed. It's like a pterodactyl.

And so, this bird has been so lovingly named "Charizard."

Also, I found a gift on my study table from Hermana Demetrio and Hermana Vorwaller. It was an egg carton with a snail in it. His name was Bob. 

I say "was" because Bob went outside immediately thereafter and I have no idea where he went. He prolly got eaten. :P Poor Bob.

I shall send pictures.
Also, I would like to comment on our water heater. It kind of has a mind of its own. Suddenly Hermana Demetrio will yell from the shower, "Hermana Darrrrley! Help me!"

I feel like Milo Thatch from Disney's "Atlantis" when I go to make the thing work. I twist a couple of knobs, give it a hard whack, then like magic, it starts working again.

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing when I go outside to fix it, but this method worked for Milo, and it works for me. :D
That's all for this week. Chaoooooo!

Bob.
Charizard :D The psycho bird. Can you see the orange spine? It looks smaller here. Puffed up and ready for the kill. It has red eyes!!!!

My love. I will introduce the Gringos in my life to Frugelés when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment