I included a picture of them and us four missionaries of Talca, Florida. Dey so crazy.
Anyways... sad part over. On to this week's adventures!!!!!
We had one of our baptismal dates fall through because Natalie didn't go to church this week, but we're going to visit her and replace the date. But as for Amador, he's still going strong. Progressing fast and attending church weekly. He says that for the first time in his entire life, he feels accepted and like he has value. He's so strong. He's a perfect gentleman and always has great questions. He always has a lot to say, but he also listens well. He has a baptismal date for the 25th of July.
As for the rest of this week, it was kind of slow as far as teaching goes. I swear people are grouchier when it's raining. We fasted for rain a couple of weeks ago because Chile was going through a dry spell and it was really bad for the agriculture. So now we have rain. In abundance.
And I have never had so many doors slammed in my face in any other sector I've been in.
Buuuuuut whatever. I'll just keep doing what I do best. ADVENTURE!!!!
In other news, I had the best birthday ever on the 11th. Literally the second I flicked the light on in the morning, I heard Hna. Morales sing super loudly, "DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAA HAPPY BIIIIIIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU...!!!!" the other Hnas joined in and sang to me both in English and Spanish. Then as I was in our study room saying my prayers, the music started again and the Hnas burst into the room with a bunch of gifts and cards and candy.
Then at night, we participated in a family history activity in the chapel, and the Hnas from Chepica came. I was in the bathroom, then Hna. Peralta said, "Let's go see what's going on in the kitchen." So we walked to the kitchen. It was dark inside and the door was shut. I walked in, and all of the Hermanas screamed, "¡¡¡¡¡¡¡SOPRESA!!!!!!!!" and all jumped out and yelled, "¡¡¡¡¡FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS!!!!!" and there was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and a couple of candles sitting on a little table in the middle of the kitchen. (Made by Hna. Crapo - pronounced Cray-po....) Everyone sang to me, then we each grabbed a fork and demolished that cake.
BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!!
Anyways, that's all for now. I hope you guys are doing the best of the best. Les amo con todo mi corazon. Sigan adelante, y ¡¡¡¡hay que perseverar hasta el fin!!!!!
| Here's a picture of my gifts as well. Hehehe |
No comments:
Post a Comment