Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 21

Hey hey!

Yes, a big ol´ volcano is going off in all its fury here. But I'm not near it. The furthest the smoke is reaching is the most southern part of my mission in Talca.

Also, we've got floods going off in the north, and last I heard, we're still due for a ginormous earthquake. There´s a lot of natural disasters happening in South America right now. Pray for the safety of the missionaries, please.

Our baptismal dates with Ana and Enrique fell through because Ana had to go to the hospital, so she couldn't come to church. But we have them reset for the 16th of May, so that's awesome. 
=D They're so cool. Hermana Berrio uploaded a bunch of church-related videos onto a pendrive for them so that they can watch them in their home. 

We have cambios in 3 weeks. And you can bet that those three weeks are going to zip by faster than you can say "caramba."

So I went to Santiago this morning with Hna. Pisconte because she had to go to a doctor appointment.
Holy cow what a blast from the past when I walked in. It was like revisiting an old dream or memory. The smell, the air, the sounds of the outside city, it brought back a huge flood of memories. I really wanted to talk to some of the greenies, but they were all studying, so there was nobody in the hallways. But I got to walk around the temple a bit. That was awesome. It was such a breath of fresh air. 

Also, on another note, while Hermana Pisconte was talking to Doctor Johnson, I played the translator. It´s so crazy how far I´ve come since my days in the CCM as far as the language goes. It´s so neat!

After the doc appointment we walked around the streets of Santiago for a bit and visited Liders to buy some stuff. Liders is like the Walmart of Chile.

And I found.... FIBER. ONE. BARS. Oh my goodness. They do NOT sell Fiber One bars in Paine! I was so excited. I wanted to buy every box, but I could only buy two. hahaha

Hna. Pisconte and I have been finding new people to teach little by little. We're trying to work at helping them progress right now and we´re working with a couple of less-actives, too. Please pray for us to find more people and to have success. =)

Anyways, that's it for this week!

LOVE YOU ALL! ¡CHAO!

- Hermana Darley

No comments:

Post a Comment