Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 18

Holy cow this ´puter is old. Hahaha. Anyways!


This week has been so incredibly slow as far as lessons go. We've had a lot of doors shut on us. But we keep on keepin on. I know that things will pick up quickly. Keep praying, por favor!

We just had the calls for cambios (transfers) this week, and it turns out, I am staying in Paine. My first sector. So this will be my third cambio here. And I am staying with my same companion Hermana Pisconte. The only one of the 8 Paine missionaries who is leaving is Hermana Peralta. She's headed to Santa Cruz. My gosh, I'm going to miss that crazy Peruvian.

Also, as of tomorrow, I am officially NOT a greenie anymore!!!! I've always been a "real missionary" as people tell me, but now I'm not a trainee. I don't have to do my 12 week training every morning, so we can leave the house a little earlier. (At 11:30) We leave the house later than many other missions. We typically leave at 12:30pm and work until 10:00pm. 10:30 if we have a lesson. Our mission rules are different and have been adapted to the area by our Mission President of course, because everyone in town is either eating lunch (or sometimes even sleeping) until around 2:00ish. And lots of people don't typically go to bed until around the hours of midnight and 1-ish either. =P

The members are still, and will forever be, AWESOME. My goodness I love them so much. They're so funny! They still feed us every day, and they feed us a LOT. Which is awesome because it's my one big meal of the day. I don't have time to cook, nor money to buy ingredients to do so. So typically I eat cereal, eggs or fruit in the house.

Also, there are a bunch of kids who typically play in the street near our house every night. And they love me. Hahaha they're always yelling "Hermana Darley!" when they see me walk by. And they're fascinated with how tall I am. hahaha! But that's normal. Most everyone comments on my size. And people always want to compare their hands to my hands and such. (That was a regular thing in the states, too, but here it's even more so. Hahaha) To quote Elder Junior from Argentina: "All Gringos have three things in common: Bright eyes, lighter hair, and freakishly huge hands!"

In other news, General Conference was SO AWESOME! I LOVED the talks and I took so many notes. I loved that the entire conference had an overlying theme of marriage and family and the importance. Also, I loved the talk about the Sabbath Day. =D And the one about the Dance Steps of the Gospel. That talk was seriously poetic. Beautifully written. Kevin W. Pearson's talk on enduring to the end was so powerful and so straightforward. It was like, "WAPOW!!!!!" I'm sure Elder Jeffrey R. Holland approves of his style. =D


Also, during Boyd K Packer´s talk on the law of chastity and eternal marriage, when his speech slowed, I actually thought for a moment that he was going to die in front of everyone. Like, I was legitimately concerned and the rest of the missionaries were, too. He doesn't look like he's doing very well. =( 

Oh yeah, did anyone else hear the one guy yell, "NO!" like four times during the sustainings in Conference? Kind of dumb considering that he was sitting in a sea of like five bajillion people who were sustaining in favor. Heh. Whoops.

Watching Conference as a missionary was so different. There was a really different feeling this time from any time before. I felt the spirit so strongly and I learned a lot. People. A mission is so worth it.  I´ve already learned so much in my short four-something months here in Chile. Sure, I've had hard days, but not once have I ever regretted my decision to come out here. Because the hard days are only a small moment in the huge spectrum of awesome moments and good feelings I've had. I will never have another opportunity like this again in the entirety of my mortal existence. This is the Lord's work. And what an amazing opportunity it is to be part of the ranks of God's army. 

I've already made great friends out here--Latino and Gringo--and I know that these friendships are going to last my lifetime. My testimony has already grown so much. I can´t wait to have a family of my own one day so that I can teach them what I learned from my mission.


That's it for this week! I love you all so much! Thanks again for all of your emails and all of your support! ¡LES QUIERO MUCHISIMO!

Hermana Darley

No comments:

Post a Comment