Adán is still on for his baptism for the 11th of April. He is awesome. I probably won´t be here to witness the fruits of my labor and attend his baptism, though. Because we have transfers coming up next Tuesday. We'll know who is staying in Paine and who is going by Saturday.
We had a really slow week as far as lessons go because hardly anyone wanted to receive us and Hna. Pisconte wasn´t feeling well. But we're still working hard, praying hard, and at the end of the day, sleeping well. haha
Oh yeah! At the end of this transfer, I am officially NOT A GREENIE! Woooooo!!!!! I have almost completed my 12 weeks of training. WHAAAAT?
In other news, as I mentioned before, I've been studying my scriptures like CRAZY lately because I´m trying to complete the challenge that President Warne issued: Read the entire Book of Mormon before the 30th of April.
I'm still moving along with the challenge and writing my findings. And the more I find, the more anxious I am to read. I'm actually excited to read at the end of the day when we're winding down for the night. =D
Speaking of excited, General Conference is coming up!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! All of the missionaries in our zone are headed to the chapel in Buin to watch the sessions. And they'll have a separate room available for those who want to watch it in English. =D
Take notes! I want to read about your thoughts from conference!
As for anything more, admittedly, I don't really have much to say about this week because it has been so slow. But I can bear my testimony that I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth today, and it was restored in its fulness by Joseph Smith. I know that the Book of Mormon was written and prepared for our time by inspired prophets and that it was translated by the power of God. And I know I´ve said it before, but I am so incredibly grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary.
I'm away from my family for 18 months so that I can teach others about how they can be with their families for eternity.
The gospel of Jesus Christ can change hearts, and I have the opportunity to see and participate in that change. =)
Thank you for all that you guys do. I have the best support group EVER back home. ;D
I love your emails, your words of support, and I am grateful for your prayers. Please add Chile to your prayers.
Maybe you guys have seen stuff on the news already about the natural disasters here: Flooding, the volcano, etc. Two missionaries and several more people have died in the floods. Prayers for their friends families, please.
LOVE YOU ALL! CIAO!
No comments:
Post a Comment