Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 16

So this week´s email: (Sorry! It´s brief!)
First off, (random fact) as of right now my hair is three feet long from root to end. =D hehehe

I´d say that in three months, the mission has aged me physically about 5 years. Hahaha but spiritually about 50! I've been reading the scriptures like a crazy person and writing down my thoughts for every couple of verses. And in my studies I´ve found all kinds of little ¨hidden treasures¨. Little things that I've been able to apply to my own life that I never noticed before. And the more I learn, the hungrier I am to learn more. It's AWESOME.

I realize that in all of my emails home, I've failed to talk about the members. They are the bomb dot com. Seriously. They're so supportive and willing to help the missionaries. We've been putting a lot of focus into having lessons with members present, and it's been pretty fruitful! (Relief Society in Spanish is called Sociedad de Socorro - So they call it Soc-Soc for short.) =D

Story time! We had one guy come out of his house and he was pretty upset with us. He had all of these notions that our bishop and stake presidents are kings or something like that and the church is just some giant hierarchy where everyone gets paid. Especially the missionaries. 

We tried to tell him that nobody gets paid, but he wasn't having it. He was so fuming mad that I seriously thought it was going to come to throwing punches. But he finished his rant and just stood there looking from me to my companion with a big frown on his face. So we were like, ¨Ciao!¨ and left the street. We meet people like that every so often, but the most they do is yell at us and try to enter into controversial topics. 

In other news, Hermana Pisconte and I are still working with Adan, and he still has a baptismal date. He's golden. Through all of his trials, he´s still awesome. =D He has a sincere desire to be baptized. 

Anyways, that´s all for now! 
LOVE YOU ALL!
Keep praying and keep the faith! 
CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment