Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 14

So this week has been absolutely nuts. As my adventures in the mission usually are.

First of all, Hermana Pisconte has this gift and curse where she can sleep, but while she sleeps she can hear everything that is going on. And I mean everything. She told me that I talk in my sleep - which I already knew, yes - but I talk in my sleep IN SPANISH. She says that I'm teaching lessons and bearing my testimony in my sleep. HAHAHAHA.Sometimes I speak Spanglish, but typically it´s Spanish. How cool is that?

Hermana Pisconte and I get along fine even with the language barrier. Turns out, she understands English about the same way I understand Spanish - Very well in context, but not totally and completely yet. I speak Spanish when we're out working, and Spanglish in the house because I like to talk to Hermana Berrio (from Washington). She's a closet nerd like me, and SOOOO much fun to talk with. We both nerded out over Lord of the Rings one night and we were trying to decide who would be what out of Dwarf, Elf, Human, Wizard, Orc, Hobbit, etc. hahahaha 

And Hermana Berrio has a BEAUTIFUL voice. I love singing with her. We've been asked to do special musical numbers and duets frequently and for different types of events.
In other news, we have a baptismal date for this month!

An old guy named Adan. He is AWESOME. He´s so eager to learn more and he's so receptive. He really tries to keep his commitments and he's super excited for his baptism day. =D We have four more pending. Eloisa, Connie, Licha and Josefa. Hermana Pisconte and I are working hard. =)

It´s been a crazy emotional rollercoaster ride leading planning sessions, leading the sector and leading the lessons, too, but it´s been a great learning experience. I was sick for two days because the stress was wreaking havoc on my stomach, but I´m better now. I'm learning fast, and things are coming together as they should. We've been seeing miracles day by day, big and small. The Gospel of Jesus Christ really is amazing and beautiful. It works miracles and changes lives. And I´m so grateful that I get to be a part of that. =D

And deodorant sticks are tiny and expensive here. The things I do to smell good. Hehehe. Anyways, that´s all for now as I am now out o´time.
LOVE YOU ALL! Thanks a million for all of your emails! I LOVE getting emails. I read every single one. If I don't reply, it's only because I don't have enough time. Thank you guys for everything you do!

Keep the faith and keep praying.

-Hermana Darley

No comments:

Post a Comment