Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 52

First off, I need to give another shout out to my mama because yesterday was her birthday!!!! WOOOOOOO! Happy birthday, mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, my little bro Sam left for the Africa MTC this last week! That´s crazy! Here´s to the blessings of having two missionaries out. 

I am so proud of you, bro. You will be awesome. I'm already sure of it. You will work miracles in your mission.

Anyways, greetings from Rancagua!!!!

No, I didn't get transferred. Hahaha! I just got out of the dentist´s office. I had to get a gaping crater in my molar filled. Turns out, when the filling fell out, the tooth started to decay inside. So I don´t know how long it was without a filling, really. But I pulled a chia seed out of it and that's when I discovered it. Chia seed fillings, for the win. It was really weird because my companion couldn't come into the room with me, so she just sat out in the waiting room alone. 

The dentist gave me two syringes of novocain (spell check????) and it didn't do anything. I have no idea what that was about. But I didn't want to ask him for more because I hate the needle. So I just squeezed my own hand and let him work. It hurt, but it was bearable. The whole thing took about a half hour-ish.

Then RIGHT as I'm leaving the office, the novocaine kicks in. You have got to be kidding me right now. I tried to talk to the receptionist and my accent had gone to garbage because my tongue is so numb. hahahaha! So that´s that. No more dentist trips for me. =D

Man, I'm so tired. SOOOO tired. I´m about to hit a year in the mission and it´s like my body has finally figured out that I've been walking for 10 hours a day every day. Because once I got to Buin, I hit an all-new level of tired. But it's weird because I'm so happy! Hermana Williams and I get back to the house and I tell her, ¨Ï loved today. Today was a great day.¨ She's like, ¨You say that every day.¨ But really, I'm not lying when I say that today was a great day. =D It´s fantastic!

Hermana Williams and I have had our rough moments this week, though. We had a baptismal date fall through, which was really depressing. Needless to say, I cried. But then I cleaned up my face and we went back to work. We're just going to do what we always do and keep on keeping on. 

We've also been out of contact with Kelli because she's been in Viña del Mar for the last few weeks. But she's great. I'm not too worried about her.

We found a lady this week named Yaneth who came off as kind of rough around the edges at first, but it turns out that she´s actually pretty cool. She just had to warm up to us is all.

We also found other people through our English class. (Which had very good attendance this week, by the way). And Hermana Williams and I tutored a kid named Kevin so that he could boost his grades in his English class, and the friend who was accompanying us (cause we can't be alone with minors) was so thrilled that now she wants us to tutor her daughter - whereas before she didn't want anything to do with us. hahaha! Woooo! Here's to showing people that we are not the Bogeyman. 

We've found a lot of really good people this week. I´ve become a contacting fiend. People probably think I´m crazy because I just have a huge smile on my face even when they come out of their house to tell me that I'm just a lola who doesn´t know anything. It still hurts when people reject the message that we're trying to share, but I figure that we've done the best we can do with the harder people, and maybe that seed we left with them will be given room to grow with other missionaries in the future. 

Ohhhh my goodness. I figure I should mention the weather here.
Ummmm.... I can't break out the parasol because it offers a lot of wind resistance on the bikes, soooooo I'm just going to have to find a stronger sunblock. I look like I´ve been put through a toaster. But it´s just on my arms. And my legs fade from white white white to toasted marshmallow. It´s ridiculous. I look like a chameleon. 
It's a raging inferno here. It´s sooooooo hot. My gosh it's so hot! But it's alright because at least I'll come home tan. Hahaha! Even if my tan is super weird.

Hermana Williams got run-by bitten by a dog this week. But luckily it only bit her ankle brace, so it was okay.

Speaking of dogs, there were two instances this week where we witnessed huge, bloody dog fights. One dog left with a whole lotta blood coming out of his neck, and the other dog left with one of his front legs broken and looking like a noodle. It was nasty. And the second fight was even worse because we were trying to talk to a guy in a contact and he was distracted by the dogs. I have had many a contact ruined by dogs. I'm convinced that they're a little evil... 

Iiiiiin other news, we were contacting a less-active out in front of her house and a drunk guy stopped us and told us that he had read the whole Book of Mormon, and he wants to be baptized. He has a drinking problem, but he told us that he wants to get rid of it because it´s wrecked him. So we're going to arrange a lesson with a member and go teach him.

Yesterday another drunk guy stopped us in the street and asked if we were German. We told him that we were from the States, then he kept calling us his queens and his treasure. Then he left.

As we were talking to someone up the street, suddenly he comes back, taps me on the shoulder and says, ¨My treasure...¨ and puts his hand on my neck and pulls me in for a kiss. I was like, ¨Noooooooope.¨ And I pushed him away and put my bike between us as a shield. Then the lady we were talking to shooed the guy away. Whew. Dodged a bullet there. 

Sooooo that's pretty much it for this week. I can't believe how fast this last year has gone by. Blaaaaaah! 

I have to buy things for my emergency backpack this week because the Branch President told us yesterday that he felt strongly impressed that we should. Hope we don´t have any major natural disasters. We definitely do not need any of those...

That´s all for this week! CHAOOOOOOO!!!!

Service!

No comments:

Post a Comment