I learned over the past week that I really can't speak English anymore. I can type it, write it and sing in it, but speaking feels strangely unnatural sometimes. Hermana Williams and I speak English to one another a lot, but I´ve forgotten how to say some things in English. So we'll be talking and then all of a sudden we'll switch over to Spanish without even noticing. It´s awesome. But I probably won't be able to talk to anyone when I come home from the mish. Hahahahaha!
Hermana Williams and I quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Kid History while we walk to our appointments. It´s glorious.
That being said, I´ve come to realize that we are totally that Spanish episode of Kid History. We're
on our bikes, riding around and saying, ¨Hola. Hola!¨ to the whole world.
That episode makes so much more sense now. A few of the Kid History guys served in Chile. COMPLETOS!!!!!
Anyways, this week was a little slow as far as our lessons went. We had a bunch of our investigators tell us that they're
going to be busy in the coming month, so our plans with them have kind of broken up. But we're
hoping that after the holidays, it'll
be easier to make good visiting appointments.
We didn't
find Tito this week. He was working, at school or out with friends whenever we came by. We have a lot of hope with him, though. So we´re going to keep trying.
Another investigator named Maria Raquel was having some problems with the Word of Wisdom and would smoke a lot, but just like that, we had a miracle. We had talked to her about her smoking before, but she was having a hard time stopping. This last week we officially
taught her about the Word of Wisdom, and she told us that as of three days before, she had already decided to stop smoking. She was three days smoke-free and told us that she was going to buy herbal teas to replace her black and green teas. Wooooooo! Our only challenge with her is that we can´t get her to come to church. She's
always with her daughter on Sundays.
We visited three different less-actives this week who told us that they feel like they really need to go back to church. We gave them all of the information and they said they would be there.
....Oooookay so they weren't
there this week, but we have hope that they´ll be there next week.
We´ve been contacting a lot with hopes that we can find someone amazing, and we've
come across some people who seem pretty receptive. Yaneth, Jonaton and Manuel. We have plans to visit them this week and we'll
see how they progress.
We've
really been putting the pedal to the metal when it comes to inviting to baptism in the first lesson. The answer so far has been no, but I've
seen the Spirit work powerfully in people, so I have no doubt that they can change.
Speaking of change, one of my investigators from my first sector is FINALLY going to be baptized!!!!! Her name is Eloisa. I can not express how happy I am that she is finally going to enter the waters of baptism. The missionaries are still trying to help Connie out, but Eloisa is sure about her decision!!!!! YAYAAAAAAAY!
My only hope is that I can get permission
to go to her baptism because I'm
in a neighboring sector. But I'm
close, so it should be okay. I just have to ask President Warne.
Hermana Williams and I had a little tender mercy this week. It was so hot outside and Hna. Williams and I were headed down the street looking for an Almacen so that we could buy water or juice, and a guy who we had talked to in the street before pulled us over and said, ¨Do you two like Sprite?¨ We said yes, so he went inside a bike shop and returned with two cold bottles of Sprite. God takes care of his daughters. =D
On a side note, it's
been REALLY hot here in Buin. You should see my farmer's
tan. Ohhhh my gosh. It´s bad. I tanned after one day. The sun is different here. It can be normal temperature outside, but the fact is that when there aren't
any clouds and you´re just standing in direct sunlight, the sun BURNS. Like, legitimately burns your flesh. Sunscreen helps a little. (I put it on constantly.) Okay that´s it. I´m going back to being a little China Doll with my parasol all summer long. I honestly couldn't
leave the house without it last summer. The one day I did, I burned so badly that I felt like I had open blisters on my nose.
So yeah. Back to the heat. It´s great when you're
at home with air conditioning and access to a pool or lake. But when you're
outside all day long in it, it's
not as fun.
Anyways, that´s it for this week.
Chaoooooo! I LOVE YOU!!!!!
-Hermana Darley
Chile seriously has some of the prettiest spots in the world. I need to come back here after the mission and
do more nature walks. This is a park in Peralillo.
Bringin´ sassy back!
No comments:
Post a Comment