Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 44

This week's email is going to be a little short because I don't have much to say right now and I am going to reply to some peeps.

Anyways, to start off, I loved the conference!!!! It was the best. I was so excited for the whole thing. And it was nice to hear it in English.

The second session was 100% Spanish for me because Hermana Crapo couldn't come from Chepica to do divisions for the day. And in my house it's three Gringas and one Latina. Obviously I can't leave my companion, so I was the only Gringa in the Chapel. hahaha

I understood almost all of the conference (with the exception with only a few words), and took notes in English. :D

I loved the talk about the mothers. Talk about trunky. Oh, Elder Holland.
This week as for contacting and teaching, it was a very slow one. 97.9% of the "lessons" that we taught were at people's front gates when they came out of their houses to ask us what we wanted. Wooooo contacts! But we have hope in a few future investigators.
This week we stumbled across a lady named Ana who was receiving the missionaries A LOT before, and the only reason why she couldn't progress is because her job wouldn't let her attend church. But we found her as she wasn't working. So that was awesome. We invited her to the conference and she attended the Women's' Session and loved it. She couldn't come for the rest of it, but with what she WAS able to see, she was happy. :) That's the idea. Wooooo! We're going to work with her and see if we can help her to come to church.
We aren't sure what's up with Sergio right now. We think that our invitation for him to be baptized might have scared him so he isn't as open around us as usual. We'll see what happens this week.

That's all for this week. Love you all sooooooooo much! THANK YOU!!!! 

Chao!
-Hermana Darley


I attempted to draw Elder Zamora. Haha!

Hermana Chapman and I! I love this girl. She was one of my companions in the MTC. (No, she is not taller than me. 
I'm bending my knees. Hahaha)

Rule number 1: Never try to take selfies when the Elders are around. Hahahaha!

I know that all companionships are inspired. I also know that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor. 
Hermana Alvarez and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment