Sooooo no photos this week because I forgot my cable to unload photos. Buuuuuut we had a TON that went on this week.
I've finally put my finger on it! Hermana Alvarez is totally Navi from The Legend of Zelda. with her little voice and everything. "Hey! Listen! Hey!" But the Spanish version. :) Hahaha!
Avocado with whole milk. Stick an avocado and two cups of whole milk in a blender, put in about 1/8 cup of sugar, blend it and enjoy. Oh my goodness. Try it.
Anyways, I got sick last week. And it was sick-zilla. Ohhhhhhhh yuck. It started off as a little cold once again, then it developed into full body-aches, nausea and a massive headache. After one day of that, Hermana Alvarez and I tried to go out and work, then all of the congestion and pressure in my head moved over to the left side. There was so much pressure in my left ear that I seriously thought that something inside was going to rupture. It was so painful. I called the nurse and she sent us home again. Blahhh. Now, about five days later, I'm still sick, but at the very least my head doesn't hurt all the time. It's more off and on now.
Also, I got bitten by a stupid dog two weeks ago. luckily, it didn't break skin because it bit me through my long skirt. But I was just walking along and this dirtbag dog snuck up behind me and bit me in the calf without warning! Thank goodness I didn't need to go in for a rabies shot.
Hermana Alvarez and I walked to the church building to watch the broadcast of the groundbreaking for the Concepción Temple here in Chile, and the first thing we noticed as we walked down the hallway is that somebody threw a huge rock through the kitchen window. And they had to have been a REALLY good shot because there are squared bars on all of the windows, AND there's a huge iron gate outside the church building. So that rock would have had to dodge two sets of bars. And those windows are sturdy! Soooo yeah. We had a mess of broken glass to clean up. (Pics next week because I don't have my camera cable right now.)
So last night I woke up in a panic and honestly didn't know why. But my heart was pounding a million miles an hour. I couldn't remember having any nightmares, so I was just thinking, "What in the world is going on????" When I wasn't quite so disoriented, I realized that an earthquake was going on. My mind flashed to my emergency backpack, then the disorientation set in again and I thought, "But we can't get up now. It's 1:00 in the morning." and I went back to sleep. ... yeah. If we have another earthquake, I hope that I'll be conscious enough to realize that that's a dumb idea.
We were playing volleyball this last week and everyone was yelling "¡MIRE LA NIÑITA!" (Look at the little girl!) to Elder Jones every time he missed the ball. Elder Jones is so funny. So he's that much fun to torture. When Hermana Alvarez missed the ball, Elder Jones demanded, "And what about ESA niñita!?" In my companion's defense, I said, "¡Hey! ¡Por lo menos, esta niñita puede jugar!" (Hey! At least this little girl can play!) Everyone was silent, then they were like, "Dude. You just roasted the heck out of Elder Jones." Elder Jones started fake-crying and curled up in a ball on the volleyball court. Then everyone - including him - laughed about it.
This last week, our zone leaders Elder Flores and Elder Zamora put me in charge of directing a choir of missionaries for our District Conference. I tell you, it's like trying to herd cats. But it's turning out well!
Speaking of which, the branch president asked me to give a special musical number on the fly, so I sang "Beautiful Zion" and played the piano at the same time. Since I've been sick and super congested, I couldn't really hear myself all that well, but people told me that they loved it, so I'm happy. :D
So we've been visiting Ana Fuentes a lot this last week. She's progressing soooooo quickly!!!!! We're planning her baptism right now, and she is super excited! So we want it to be super special for her.
Hermana Alvarez wants to go all out. I would like to do so as well, but I presented her with two questions: "With what time, and with what money?" Yeah. We'll keep it simple. hahaha
Oh man it was sooooo funny in Sacrament Meeting yesterday! So it turns out, the other Hermanas have an Ana Fuentes investigating the church as well. And she came yesterday along with OUR Ana Fuentes. So when the branch president announced "the baptism of Ana Fuentes" for this next Saturday, the other Hermanas' Ana had this look of pure panic on her face and everyone around her was congratulating her. She was like, "Wait, WHAT????" Afterwards we cleared everything up. Their Ana met our Ana and they had a good laugh about it.
We found Sergio again this week. We haven't been able to teach him, but he says that he's been praying, and he's been reading the Book of Mormon a lot! YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! He says that it makes him feel really good when he reads it. So we invited him to pray about it to know if it's true. We have a teaching appointment with him tomorrow in the afternoon. Let's see what happens. :D We're pretty excited about this. He rejected a baptismal date before because he was uncomfortable with the idea and he feels like all of the churches are the same and that it doesn't matter if one is truer than another. We're working at helping him to build a testimony of the Gospel and realize how much these things really DO matter.
All in all, he's great. :)
Anyways, that's all for this week's adventures!
Chaoooooo!
-Hermana Darley
No comments:
Post a Comment