Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 41

This week was interesting, to say the least.

In other news, Hermana Alvarez and I went to Rancagua on Thursday for our week 5 training meeting. It was really cool. I remember my week 5 training meeting. I hardly understood anything that was said because it was all in Spanish. But this time I understood everything perfectly. 

I got to catch up with Hermanas Chapman and Porter. I was never Hermana Porter's companion and I only met her 5 weeks ago in the first training meeting, but she's awesome. She was Hermana Rajapakse's final companion. I laugh so much with those two. They're crazy. 

During the meeting, the nurse, Hermana Sebring, gave a talk to help us learn a little more about how to keep ourselves healthy and stress-free. She and her husband gave an example of stress with a balloon. Her hubby inflated it, then suddenly let it go. It whirled around the room as it let out all the air, then it zipped towards President Warne's head. He had to dodge it. 

Best part of the meeting. Everyone got a good laugh. Including President. :D

Two weeks ago Hermanas Alvarez, Vorwaller, Demetrio and I were walking to a lunch appointment, and as we were walking single-file and passing a field, Hermana Vorwaller starts singing the theme from "The Best Two Years" and says, "We are TOTALLY the missionaries from that movie!"

Supposedly I'm Elder Rogers. Hermana Alvarez is Elder Calhoun. Hermana Demetrio is Vanpelt and Hermana Vorwaller is Elder (Johnson?)
This last week we also had our zone meeting. Two days in a row with President Warne and his wife. We talked about goals. How to set them, how to keep them, and how to make goals to have more success as missionaries. 

So my goal is to baptize at least two families before the end of my mission.

Because my initial goal for the entirety of my mission was to help people to come to know the same joy that I enjoy in my own family with my knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I want to bring this joy to families. Not just to individuals. Because I know with all my heart that families were organized by God, and that the best place to learn Gospel principles is within the walls of the home with a family that shares the same beliefs.
Hermana Alvarez and I found quite a few people this last couple of weeks who seem interested in the message. We have return appointments, but still no baptismal dates. We're working on it.
That's all for this week. Sorry if the email was relatively short. 
LOVE YOU ALL! CHAOOOOOOO!
- Hermana Darley

No comments:

Post a Comment