Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Week 30

We got the calls for Cambios on Saturday. Hermana Boully will be staying in Talca and training a brand new missionary fresh out of the CCM (And you'd better believe she's nervous) and I will be heading out of Talca for Santa Cruz in a sector called Almendrosa. I don't really know what to expect because when I told the ward members that I would be going to Santa Cruz, they all told me that it's SO BEAUTIFUL and that the people are just so friendly and loving. But when I told the other missionaries in my zone about it, they laugh nervously or say, "Oooooo..."

I don´t know what that means. Oh well. 

So I guess my mission in Talca is complete now. This last six weeks went by waaaaaaay too fast. And we have like three people who are progressing super quickly who are more than likely going to get baptized this next cambio! 

At least I´ll get the photos. hehe

The first guy is named Diego. We found him a couple of weeks ago, and he immediately told us to come in. We told him that we would have to return another day if there wasn't another woman present in the house, but we would for sure come back and talk to him when we could bring somebody along. He said, "Yeah. there are people out in the streets all the time preaching the Word. They´ve just never come to my house."

So we made plans to revisit him the following week. I was on divisions the day when we were supposed to return, but I heard all about it afterwards. He said that he just wants to know God and become a better person. So Hermana Boully and Hna Cook explained about commitments and commandments, and he was like, "Yes! I´ll do it! I´ll do anything you ask me to do. I just want to be better." Hermana Boully was just about to extend the baptismal invite, then he said, "So anyways, you can come back another day and we´ll talk more." So it would have been the perfect moment to set a baptismal date, but the window closed a little too fast. But Diego is a good guy. I'm confident that he's going to progress in the gospel very quickly. =)

The second guy is called Jorge. He lives right across the street from Diego and we found out later that he´s actually a friend his. He made us a deal the first time we contacted his house; "You help me with my English, and I´ll listen to what you have to say." So we went back to his house the following week and started with pronunciation. He did a pretty good job. Then we realized that we had to go pretty soon, so we gave him the pamphlet for The Restoration and challenged him to read it. He said, "Sure. As promised."

Throughout the entire lesson with him, his roommate was looking at us with the most ticked off expression on his face. I swear he was emanating poison in his stare. 

Hna. Boully and Hna. Cook returned to Jorge´s house this last week (on the same division that I mentioned before) and Jorge liked what he had read. But he said that his roommate REALLY didn't like that he was taking lessons from us and yelled at him right after we left. But Jorge said, "Yeah, I didn't listen. Continue."

So he´s cool. haha

We've hit some challenges with our other investigators, but bienvenida a la misión! Hermana Boully's got this. =D 

As for funny stuff, sometimes when I'm feeling a little crummy, God just sends me these tender mercies to make me smile.

My companion and I were walking to a lunch appointment and stopped at a crosswalk to wait for the light. Sitting against a building on the other side of the street, there was a chubby Chilean boy who had to be about 12 years old. He had his earphones in, bobbing his head to his music. Then apparently stuff got real because he leapt up on his feet, threw his arms up in the air, and was singing the chorus of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" at the top of his lungs, and dancing as if nobody was looking. If we were allowed to use our cameras in that moment, you better believe I would have recorded that kid. It really made my day. It was awesome!

Anyways, that´s all for now. 

LOVE YOU! CHAO!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment