Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 29

Whoaaa this cambio went by way too fast. This Saturday we'll be receiving calls for transfers.

So firstly, funny story. We were at a zone meeting, and one of the Paraguay Elders was up front practicing his English by doing a Q and A. One of the Elders in the crowd wrote out an English phrase for another Elder to read out loud. And this Elder didn't know what he was reading, but he said it three times to the elder up front. 

"Yoor zeeperes dun."
What?
"Yoh zeepeh esdun"
Huh?
"Yo zeeper es down."

And lo and behold, this Elder's zipper happened to be down. Everyone, including him, was laughing so hard.

In other news, all of South America is in a frenzy for Futbol. Hehehe. So a couple of days this last week, we had to enter the house early because the streets get so crazy when the games are going on. So we use that little bit of extra free time to write in our journals and make fattening food. As I have been informed, so far Chile has won every game it's played. 

Oh yeah! In other news, there is a killer spider here in Chile! I forgot to mention it in past emails, but I've known about it forever. 
It's called araña rincón. It bites you, your skin around that area starts to turn black and die, and if you don't get a remedy, you're dead in three days. And there have been those spiders in our house. They range from teeny tiny to the size of lemons. We haven't had the lemon sized ones, luckily.

On a spiritual note, we had a lesson with Natalie (the Gringa) this last week. It was really cool. We sang her a hymn, which she LOVED, then we invited her to pray. She gave the coolest first prayer and she was so excited to offer it. Then we talked about the Book of Mormon and read through the Introduction with her in Spanish. (Cause we didn't have an English copy at the time.) We translated for her as we went along. Once we finished that we read her the challenge and the promise in the intro again. Then we testified of the truthfulness of the book. She was SOOOOOO excited about it. She said, "Now I REALLY want to read it! I want to know more! I am seriously going to read this book in like, a week. And I'll have time now because I don't have English classes to teach after this week!"

Then we asked her if she would be baptized if she found out the truth for herself. She said, "If that happens, then yes! Absolutely!" I'm so excited for her. Seeing her progress has been so fun and so awesome! We brought her an English copy of the BOM a few days ago. She said she'd start reading it right away! AAAAAHHHH! We brought her an English copy a few days ago so that it'll be easier for her.

That's all for now! Goodbye!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL! CHAO!!!!!

Here's a photo of us playing soccer from last week
We climbed up on a rather large rock. Hehe. I'm like, "Behold our rock."

No comments:

Post a Comment