This one´s going to be relatively
short cause I don´t have a lot of time left.
So. First off, we got the calls for
cambios this Saturday, and I was told that I would be heading to Talca in a
sector called Florida. “And your companion is... Hermana...Rajapakse.”
...........
.......
....
“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!?”
I was seriously screaming and
running around the house freaking out. And even though she's almost done with her mission, she won´t be senior companion. We´re going to be
co-companions. WHAAAAAAT!?!?!?!
The next day, the Walls (the senior
missionary couple in our zone) told me that being put with the same companion
again after cambios in-between has never happened before in
this mission. And it´s even stranger that I´ll be a co-companion to the
missionary who trained me.
Seriously, when we were receiving
the calls, I never would have imagined that I would be Hermana Rajapakse´s
companion again. So when I heard her name, it took my brain a couple of seconds
to compute. How weird is this?! But hey, weirder things have happened.
Bienvenida a la misión. =D hahaha!
Two funny stories: So first off, at
the beginning of the last cambio, Hermana Pisconte wrote my name on a leaf that
was still attached to the tree, and just this last week, one of the Elders in
our zone said, “Hermana Darley, we found your leaf.” And they handed me the
same leaf with Hermana Pisconte´s writing. After three months, they managed to
find this leaf! Hahahahaha!
Also, we were eating lunch in the house
of a member, and she said, “Do you like aji?” I said yes, so she hands me this
pepper and says, “Go ahead. The whole thing is yours.” I took the first bite
and it was like, “THIS is spicy? It´s so mild. I could eat these all day.” Immediately after
the second bite, my eyes teared up, my face turned red, I started sweating, my
nose started running and my throat, mouth and stomach were on fire. I was
trying to keep my cool, so for the first couple seconds I was just kind of
clearing my throat and coughing, then I couldn't take it anymore and was like, “Ahem...
yeah. Permiso.” I left the table and headed to the bathroom to clean up my
face. Whoooo!!!! That pepper was atomic. I have never been in that much pain
over spicy food in my life. HAHAHAHA
In other news, Hermana Pisconte and
I were told that we couldn’t work in a large part of our sector at night
because there are a bunch of murders going on right now over drugs. Two people
have already been killed. So Hermana Pisconte and her new companion won’t be
able to work in that part for the next two weeks. Things need to cool
down.
So... Yeah. In general, all is well,
I need to pack my stuff, and I’m excited to get to know my next sector. =D
LOVE YOU ALL! ¡CIAO!
No comments:
Post a Comment