So I got to talk to
my family on Sunday for Mother's Day. That was pretty
awesomesauce. They haven't changed a bit. My gosh I love my family.
We are in week
6 of this cambio. We will be having transfers next Tuesday, and we will be
finding out who is staying and who is going by this Saturday. I have been in
Paine for four and a half months now. =P
I taught the
class for Young Women yesterday. The topic was Prophets. In the beginning I was
so nervous that I was speaking Spanish with Chilean speed. But after a couple
of minutes I was fine and I was able to give the lesson smoothly. If I stumbled
on a word, the girls had a good laugh, and so did I. It was good. Hahaha
For Mother's Day the most prominent
topics of the day were mothers, and CHOCOLATE. The men from the Priesthood
class came in with boxes of chocolate and flowers and the whole Relief Society
room was in a clamor. Like a chicken coop being raided by a raccoon. It was SO
funny!!!!
Hermana
Pisconte and I are working with six people right now for baptismal dates. We’re
having success with three of them thus far. The other three are still undecided
for now. But we’re going to have an idea of where they’re at when we go to see
them on Wednesday.
This week
during lessons, I had two occasions where during personal study, I felt
impressed to study particular topics. So I did, and I found scriptures that
answered very typical questions like, “If there is a God, then why is there so
much bad in the world today?” and “But I was already baptized into another
church. Isn't that enough?”
I was able to use the scriptures I found in two lessons, but the most noteworthy experience was with an investigator named Albertina. She was skeptical about the idea that God is a loving and a merciful God since there are so many bad things happening in the world every day. So I shared my verses that I found during my studies. (2 Nephi 2: 11-13)
After I shared those verses, I began to talk about them and expound on them, and for the life of me I can’t remember what I said. But I felt the Spirit working in me and I was speaking clearly and directly. It was so cool. And afterwards, this woman’s face was like this. O_O
It was
sooooooo cool. The Spirit is the real teacher. =D
That's all for
now because I’m out of time.
LOVE YOU
ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! CIAO!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment