First, I'll start with the events that occurred this week, then I'll share a few thoughts with everyone.
This last week, we found five new investigators. Hermana Al-Malki and I did a mini-division together in her sector and during the split, Hermanas Christensen and Cook were able to go and visit Valentina. She is SUPER receptive!!!! She told them that she feels like something is missing in her life, and she wants to learn more because she feels that it helps her. YES, VALENTINA! THE GOSPEL HELPS! =D I'm excited about this!!!! She hasn't been invited to baptism yet, but we have an appointment to go back on Wednesday. So we're going to invite her and see how she progresses. =)
We also went and saw Blandy and her husband Willington and they were very nice. We didn't have time to teach them much, but we were able to get to know them a bit. They both go out and share about Christ with their neighbors all the time, and they pray for them as well. They say that they aren't part of an organized religion, but what they do know is that there is only one Christ, so they're trying to preach His doctrine. We talked a little about the Restoration with them and how we have a living prophet on the earth today, and we left them with a Restoration pamphlet. They were very friendly and pretty receptive! We have a return appointment for tonight. We're going to invite them to be baptized as well. =)
We also visited a few less-actives and found out that one of them has a girlfriend and a daughter who are both interested in the lessons. They asked us why we are here as missionaries and we shared our testimonies with them and shared part of the Restoration. They weren't able to come to church this Sunday, but we're going to work on reactivating the dad so that the girlfriend and daughter can feel accompanied to church.
We also went and saw Bruni this week. We asked her if she has been praying, and she says that she hasn't been allowed to miss a day because her 6-year-old granddaughter Monserrat always asks her if she said her prayers. I LOVE Monserrat. She's our mini-missionary. And she's adorable, to boot. =D
Bruni said that she prayed and asked God if the things that we are sharing are true, and she feels like she is receiving answers because she had very good feelings after she asked. Hermana Christensen and I were like, "YEESSSS!!!!" We asked her to pray about her decision to be baptized into this church as well. We have a lesson with her this Wednesday and we'll see where she's at with her decision. =)
So I would like to share about what happened yesterday. It was an interesting Sunday.
So Hermana Christensen and I had our weekly planning session, and the other Hermanas asked us if we could please accompany them to a lesson in the chapel with an investigator named David. We told them that we didn't have any appointments, so it was fine. So they asked us to be in the chapel at 7:00, so I was set on 7:00.
As Hermana Christensen and I were working, I was gauging the time to find out how many minutes we needed to be able to ride our bikes to the church building between visits. I suggested to Hermana Christensen that we go and visit a couple of our investigators, and she told me that we should visit our references first. I was okay with that. So we went to all of our references, they weren't available, so then I suggested that we go to a couple of our investigators up near the chapel so that we wouldn't be late for the appointment with the other Hermanas.
But from that point on, Hermana Christensen did the exact opposite of everything I suggested. I would say no, and she would do it anyways. For the first time in our entire two transfers together, I was actually angry with Hermana Christensen. I tried to tell her in the most calm way possible that we were going to be late if we did things this way. We had ten minutes to spare before the appointment and Hermana Christensen insisted on entering a gated community after a car so that we could to contact there. I was like, "What are we doing here? There's nobody at the gate to open up for us! Aw, man, I hate gated communities! Hermana Christensen?" She started laughing and looking back at me with a huge grin on her face and I was like, "Alright, that's it."
We did a little contacting, got out of there, then Hermana Christensen zoomed towards another investigator´s house. I said, "Okay. We REALLY have to go now." Then Hermana Christensen said, "Well we're here anyways. Let's do it." I said, "This doesn't make sense. We'd only be coming to take out an appointment, then." She turned on her heel with a huge smile on her face and headed for the door anyways.
Then the phone rang, and it was the other Hermanas. Hermana Christensen listened for a moment, then she said, "Alright. We're coming."
I was thinking, "FINALLY." and I we took off towards the church building.
We got about halfway there before I stopped grouching in my head. And then I started to think, "Wait. Why am I angry with Hermana Christensen? There's nothing wrong with her. She just wants to use every possible minute. Why should I be so angry with her if she just wanted to keep working? Granted, we have an appointment, but Hermana Christensen's intentions are good."
So by the time we got the church building, I was feeling pretty crummy. We met the other Hermanas in the door and put our bikes away in a classroom. Hermanas Al-Malki and Cook headed for the cultural hall and said, "Hermano David, can we go into the other room now?:
I walked in and someone flicked on the lights.
SURPRISE!!!!!!
A bunch of people from the ward and even a couple of investigators, Paula and Miranda, were there, too. There was a table full of food off to the side and balloons and a couple of gift bags. I was so confused for about half a second, then I realized that they had put all of this together for me.
Oh my goodness. It was so special. The other Hermanas prepared funny skits to share, we sang hymns, then Elder Cabanay (who is also leaving) and I each had a few minutes to share our testimonies and our gratitude.
Honestly, I thank my Heavenly Father each and every day for the opportunity that He has given me to serve a mission. I wouldn't trade this last 18 months for anything in the entire world. I have learned so many beautiful and wonderful things about the Gospel, and I can´t wait to apply them in my own family.
My heart hurts because I have to say goodbye to the amazing people, the country and the black name tag, but I am so grateful that the Savior has trusted me enough to become the answer to someone else's prayers. I love the people, I am so grateful for the opportunity that I´ve had to get to know them, and I'm grateful for how they have changed my life.
I thank each and every one of you for your support and your prayers. I have felt the power of your love and I pray that the Lord will bless you for your efforts in supporting missionary work.
Thank you so much. I love you all and I'll see you real soon!
¡CHAU!
Hermana Natalie Darley
No comments:
Post a Comment