First off...
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!First of all, MIRANDA CAME TO CHURCH!!!!! This was her first time coming to Machali, and she enjoyed it!!!! She wasn't uncomfortable at all and she even attended Young Women's even though she said before that she didn't want to. But everything went so smoothly and we were so happy! =D
As we were sitting in the chapel waiting for the meeting to start, I was up playing the piano and then Javier walked in!!!! And he was in church clothes!!! We didn't even ask him to dress up or anything. He just showed up like that. He stayed through all of Sacrament Meeting, then he went to the Young Single Adults class and he really liked it! He laughed with the other YSA and was able to get to know some people.
He also told us that he read the entire Gospel Principles manual that we gave him last week. In one afternoon. We're going to have another lesson with him real soon and see what he thinks about all that then...
The Skype calls were excellent as well. It's nice to know that my psycho family hasn't changed one bit. =D hahahaha! They're still tons of fun and craziness. I'm so blessed to have them. They made me laugh so hard I cried. =D I sang them a parody I wrote about missionary work, but to the tune of Imagine Dragon's song "Demons". (Sometimes I can't sleep and I get a spurt of inspiration.)
We all sang it for Hermana Christensen's family as well and they recorded it. It may or may not end up on social media. Hahaha ;)
Hermana Al-Malki and I went on splits on Thursday, and we had a half hour where we went contacting. As I was walking down the street, there was this HUGE, fluffy and fat cat on the other side of the road, so I squatted down with my arms open wide and I yelled, "COME TO ME, FATTY!" (But in Spanish, of course.)
I said, "No problem! Take it!" and tossed the foul feline into her arms. Then Hermana Al-Malki was fighting off the cat as it barrel-rolled all over trying to get out of her grip. Then it got loose and she grabbed it by the tail to stop it.
Mistake.
The thing twisted around again and went psycho-cat on her, so we had to let him go. Hahaha and I said I liked cats down here more than dogs cause they don´t try to kill me.
LIES.
We did a lot of service this week for the members. We're still trying to build good relationships and trust between them and the missionaries so that we can get some accompaniment for our lessons. We need it now more than ever because right now our only progressing investigators are either minors or they're guys who live alone.
But all in all, the work is moving. It was so amazing yesterday in church. I was seriously like a kid on Christmas. THE BEST!
We currently don't have any baptismal dates, but we're still looking for new people. And we've been receiving referrals, so we'll see how promising they are. =)
Anyways, that's all for now. All is well in the world of Hermanas Darley and Christensen.
LOVE YOU! CHAUUUUU!
-Hermana Darley
No comments:
Post a Comment