Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 71

So first off:
Roberto came to the Machali Ward on Sunday to present himself, and his baptism was announced for the 16th of April at 6:00pm. 
WOOOOOOO!!!!!!
 
Oh, Roberto is awesome. He is golden, platinum, diamond, you name it. He answered questions in the Gospel Doctrine class as if he had been a member of the church forever. It was the coolest thing. He's got a strong testimony and he is super excited for his baptism. =) We're still getting the speakers and the witnesses together, but everything else is coming together smoothly. SOOOO EXCITED for this coming Saturday!!!!!!
We had a special training meeting where President Warne talked about how we can make out teaching styles even more effective, so Hermana Al-Malki and I decided to put it to the test. (Our companions were on a mini-split in the other sector, so we were waiting for them to come back.)
We went to a future investigator's house and taught about the Book of Mormon. It was a super short lesson, but the mother and daughter (Tonka and Tonkita) were intrigued. They said that our words reached the deepest parts of their heart and they wanted to know more because they wanted to know why we have so much passion for the work that we do. 

We scheduled a return appointment, but they forgot and were out of town. But they said that next week we can go see them again. =)
We had a lot of appointments fall through, but the ones that we did have went well. We have a less-active who wants to start doing temple work again, so this next week we are going to be helping her with that. =)
I did divisions with Hermana Alvarez in Cachapoal on Friday. They've been having a hard time finding new people to teach, so we did some contacting. We found an old investigator and took out a couple of appointments with others. =) I'm hoping that we can see some good results from those appointments! We also taught an investigator whose two daughters went from being strong, active members of the church to atheists at the flick of  a light switch, and we still don't know why. But we explained the Book of Mormon to one of the daughters and the mom (investigator) and we asked them good questions. In the end, we took out another appointment. The lesson went well! =)
So funny story. On Wednesday Hermana Christensen and I were riding around in part of our sector looking for a reference, and this guy stopped us and said, "I'm a reporter for (Machali Daily??? or something like that...) and I always see missionaries all over the city with their bikes. What is it exactly that you guys do?"

I went into super-mega-awkward stammering mode, but once I got my brain into swing, we talked to him about what we do. =D We also talked to him about what we share and got his address so that we can visit him and his family. Hahaha! It was cool. Then he took a photo of us (a very unflattering photo, I might add; With my half-mast ponytail, my helmet positioned on the back of my head and my stylish, bright green reflective jacket) and he went on his way. 

Well. When he said that it was for a local page for Machali, I thought that he was talking about a little facebook page with like three likes, but no.

Hermana Christensen and I got to church and a bunch of the members were showing us their phones, "Look! You made the local news!"

.... And there was the photo of Hermana Christensen and I. Happy little campers with our bikes, helmets and reflective jackets. 42,000+ people had seen the post. We're famous! Hahahaha! But the report was really good. It's nice to get some positive exposure. =D

We had a big scare on Thursday after a division with another sister, she realized at almost 10:30pm that she had forgotten to bring her pills from her sector, and that turned out to be a huge problem because she has rheumatoid arthritis, so without her pills, she can´t get out of bed in the morning. So we had to wait till the next morning for her companion to come to pick her up and bring her her pills. She couldn't even lift her arms to eat breakfast so Hermana Al-Malki and I helped her out. Poor girl.
Anyways, that's about it for now. Like they say in The Lego Movie, "Everything is awesoooooooome!!!!!"

I LOVE YOU ALL! CHAOOOOO!!!!!!
-Hermana Darley

I love this stinkin family!!!!! The Bishop's family from Rengo

No comments:

Post a Comment