Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Week 68

Okay. So a load of craziness has happened this past week. And lots of cool stuff. So let's see if I can remember to write about everything.

So first off, I just got my flight itinerary. My poor family is going to have to pull a night owl routine because I'm going to be arriving at 11:39 at night. Hoooooly cooooow! AAAAAHHHHHHH!
Soooooo yeah. I don't really know what to make of that. hahahaha
So I was a bit of an emotional mess this last week because we had emergency transfers. Yeah, I am no longer companions with Hermana Fowers. 

I´m a lot more peaceful now after talking to the mission president about it. I know that the Lord knows what He´s doing.

Here´s what happened:

So we were going to a lesson with a member, but she hadn't shown up yet. So we decided to make the best use of our time and do some contacting. We were walking past a house and there was a man outside sweeping. He looked to be in his forties. We passed him by, but then I felt like we should talk to him. The thought came to me, "Why shouldn't he get to hear about the Gospel?" So we went back and talked to him. It was only a five minute contact. We told him what we do as missionaries and shared a pamphlet of the Restoration with him. We wrote out number on the back so that we could coordinate a visit to share more. (With a member of course, because he lives alone.) He knew where we lived cause he always went running around that part, so we thought that was weird.

The next day in the afternoon, we got a phone call from him, and long story short, he told me that from first sight, he loved me. And other things, but I won´t go into the deets. Journal! ;)

Sooooo I called President Warne and he told me that I had to get out of dodge. Hermana Fowers and I started to cry. I was more worried about my poor companion. She's got a bad foot and only a week in the mission, and now she would be receiving a new companion and doing a whitewash. And I would be going to another sector. But I have full confidence that Hermana Fowers can do it. She's so down-to-earth and so cool. And she knows how to be a missionary. She just needs to believe in her calling and trust that the Lord trusts her. ;)
We had a mini meeting with the mission president the next day and he pulled two other Hermanas into his office, Hermanas Flores and Christensen. He told them that we were going to have to make a comp switch. 

So Hermanas Flores and Fowers are doing a whitewash in Rengo and Hermana Flores will train Hermana Fowers, and Hermana Christensen and I are doing a whitewash in Machali. I am still coordinadora, and I will be doing Hermana Christensen´s training. Woooooo! WHITEWASH!
I had never been to Machali, but I heard a lot about it.
I was given a little time to say goodbye to a few of the members in my old sector, then on Friday morning, I arrived in Machali. 

I am once again living with four Hermanas. Hermana Al-Malki from Peru, Hermana Cook from Huntington Beach California, and Hermana Christensen and I. 

Happy-go-lucky Hermana Christensen. People call her Strawberry Shortcake. So far it´s been cool. Hermana Christensen already practically knows the sector, so that´s made things a lot easier. But Hermana Flores also left detailed maps and instructions in the Area Book, so that was really helpful. I tried to leave Hermana Flores what I could before I left as well.
We met a girl named Javiera this last week and she was SUUUPER receptive! We taught her the Restoration and her eyes just sparkled! She accepted a baptismal date right away for the 16th of April. She didn't come to church this Sunday, so we have to move her baptismal date, but she´s so cool! She's 17 and her mom was actually investigating the church before. But then she stopped and we focused on her daughter and she told us that she has been searching for a good church for a long time. Well, Javi, you're not just going to find a good church through us. You're going to find the TRUE church! :D

So yeah. She's cool. 
And there's Roberto, who already had a baptismal date before I got here. He's going to be baptized on the 9th of April. He's already been attending church (I think he´s come like six times) and he is hungry to know more about what we have to share. He's so cool. I met him for the first time yesterday. His girlfriend is a member of the church and she's also teaching him stuff on the side like to do his prayers and read the scriptures with her. =)
We also found a guy named Patricio who studied a semester in some university in Florida, and he was really receptive as well. We had a teaching appointment, but it fell. But we can go back another day.
We were doing some last-minute contacting before going home for the night and found a family of four. We shared a card of this year's Easter video with them and they said that we can come back this Thursday to share something more. =D They´re Catholics, but "observant." But they're super cool. Very warm and friendly. They let us in right away.... Cause we had to use the bathroom, but bueno. hahaha They still took immediate interest in what we do as missionaries and we shared a little with them. =) We're going back on Thursday.

We also received a reference of a guy who was excommunicated and wants to make his way back to the church. But not just him. His family as well. We met with them for a minute last night but didn't have time to teach something big, so we took out an appointment for the next week. We have high hopes with the family!

So this last week, I was asking a couple of the Elders who stayed in Buin after I left about Denise's baptism. They said that she bore the most powerful testimony, and that she is one of the strongest converts they have ever seen. Like she has been a member of the church her whole life. And she namedropped me. :´) Happy to help, Denise. 
She also shared her testimony with a student in English class and continues to learn and grow in the Gospel every day. Her husband is also progressing as well. This makes me happier than I can even describe. I love that family so much and I want to see them again so badly. 

It´s amazing how the mission does that to you. You can fall in love with people who you've only known for a very short time, and it's like they just become part of your own family. I have a lot of family in Chile. ;D hahaha!
Anyways, that's all for now. Hope you're all doing really well. I love you very much!!!!!!
¡CHAO!
Hermana Darley

My two trainees together!

No comments:

Post a Comment