Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Week 65

We have a grand total of 5 people on date to be baptized! Alejandra, Julia and Alejandra, Olga and Marina! They all have their different challenges and speed bumps along the way in their progress, but they´re moving along. Julia and Alejandra are newer, actually. So we can´t really make a call on where they´re at.

Yesterday Hermana Darrington and I went to the Gomez´s house to help their son Danny with the songs that he has to sing for his final audition on The Voice. That was fun. He has to sing everything in English, so we gave him some pointers on pronunciation and how he can work out riffs and transitions without making the song sound choppy.
Today for P-Day was the week 5 "Limpieza Profunda" (deep clean), but we've kept the house pretty spiffy during the weeks seeing as it´s just us two. So we went with the Gatica family to a hiking spot called "Tres Chorillos." And it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I´ll try to send pictures. Here´s to hoping that these computers aren´t sketchy because I´m typing from Rengo. (I typically go to Rancagua for activities, then I write in the internet cafe over there.)

Anyways, honestly, it was the most gorgeous hike I've ever been on in my life. We got to see some of the nature out here in Chile. The waterfall at the end was so pretty! 

Sorry, Julia. Still haven´t seen any Pudu. Supposedly they live more south. But there are plenty of tarantulas here. But they aren't venomous. So you can pick them up and do whatever with them and they don´t mind. Except for close your hand. If you close your hand, they bite. They may not be lethal, but they bite hard. 

Anyways, we went with Elders Ancajima and Wilson, Hermano Gatica and his son Daniel. This was Elder Ancajima´s last ever P-day activity. He's going home next Sunday. I can't believe I watched him die. He was in my first sector in Paine!
Anyways, Hermanas Darrington and I have been working hard and trying to keep a balance in things. We're trying to keep contact with our five people who have baptismal dates and teach to meet their needs. We've had our hands pretty full! We went and contacted in a spot called "Villa Esperanza" and boy oh boy is there esperanza (hope)! We found a couple of old investigators there who received us well. That´s where we found Brian, and then our two people on date Alejandra and Julia. We've had some cool contacts, too. I´m looking forward to contacting more over there.
We have cambios coming up this coming Saturday. We have no idea what´s going to happen, and as usual, I have pre-cambio stress. I thought that by now in my mission it would just go away. But I STILL get anxious!
Anyways, out of time, so that´s all for this week. Sorry for the incredibly short email!
Chaooooooo!!!!!!!
-Hermana Darley

No comments:

Post a Comment