So anyways, this week:
Speaking of which, I have no idea what we're doing for Christmas. I know that we're going over to a member's house to Skype our families, but that's about it. I know nothing about dinner or fiestas or anything like that. We'll see what happens.
I found out on Wednesday from Hermana Dell that my first convert, Adan, was found dead in his house on Sunday. When I heard, all I did was take a few deep breaths, then I went to play the piano so that I wouldn't break down. I just played blindly for about a half hour. But I'm not worried at all about the well-being of Adan's soul. He was baptized, he experienced the changes of true repentance, and in the end, he was trying to be a good man. I just hope that they get his temple work going as soon as possible. I'm just so glad that he got baptized when he did.
Sooooo that being said, this week was slow as far as work goes. We got to work on Tuesday and Wednesday and a few hours Thursday night. We found some cool people! We have some future investigators that seem to have a lot of potential. I know that we're going to see miracles this cambio!
We visited Maria Raquel, a new investigator named Carina, and Andres. Andres has a lot of interest in family history, so we're working out the appointments so that Hermana Marcela can help him to start his family tree. He actually seemed really excited about it!
We had a Christmas devotional yesterday and it was amazing. Hermana Chapman and I were representing la obra misional in the choir and the whole thing turned out beautifully. I felt the Spirit washing through me like warm waves as I sang the Christmas songs. It was so nice. :D
On another side-note, I was bitten by a spider on Saturday. Now I've got this big red thing on the back of my neck that just keeps growing. Soooooo one of two things could happen; I could get awesome Chilean spider powers, ...oooooooor I could just end up getting really sick.
I think I'm just going to go with option one, because I'm still not feeling sick. :D Heh heh... Knock on wood.
Oh. And I got my trunky papers today. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Contrary to popular belief, I will not be coming home in April. Don't you worry your pretty little heads. It'll be about late May or early June. Oh my gosh the time is going by waaaaaaayyyyyyy too fast. I definitely am not ready to go home. hahahahaha! I have too much to do!
So that's all as far as this week goes. I'll let you all know how my Christmas went in next week's email. Chaoooooo!!!!!!!!! I love you all!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment