This last week, Hermana Rajapakse and I were barely received by anyone and we had a lot of doors shut in our faces. This happens sometimes, and it can be a little disheartening, but we keep on keeping on. =D Heavenly Father is still placing new people to teach in our path one way or another. We have investigators that are progressing along quite well. One of these investigators is a woman named Kenna. She´s a professor, so she´s really book-smart and she knows a lot about other cultures and religions, and if she has questions, she doesn't hesitate to ask. She has some doubts, like everyone does at first, but she keeps her commitments and she LOVES to read. (Woooo!!!!)
We have one baptismal date set with a man named Adan and we're shooting for another with two long-time investigators named Alejandra and Valentina. They're a mother and daughter, long-time investigators and really good friends of the missionaries. Seriously, they LOVE the missionaries and the members in our branch think that they're members of the church. hahaha!
On Saturday night, I taught my first Family Home Evening lesson all by myself in Spanish (I had a paper in front of me with translations, but I only used it a little bit.) My topic was the Atonement and the ways in which we can utilize it.
In other news, I'm already halfway through my training!
In other-other news... We had the calls for cambios on Saturday night...
In other-other news... We had the calls for cambios on Saturday night...
And Hermana Rajapakse is being transferred to Talca. I've been crying a lot in the last two days. =P Yeah, I can be a big baby.
I will be receiving a new companion halfway through my training. I don't know the name of my new trainer and I haven't met her yet, but I do know that she's Latina. And as far as I know she doesn't speak any English. Adventure!!!
President Warne was inspired to put Hermana Rajapakse with another Hermana in Talca (It´s like 3-4 hours away) So guess who Hermana Rajapakse is being put with? Hermana Naegle. One of my companions from the CCM. WHAAAAT!
Anyways, I am going to miss Hermana Rajapakse so much. Our companionship was AWESOME. In every sense of the word. We've never had an argument, we've never fought, I´ve never even been mildly irritated with this girl. In our lessons and after our lessons, she was ALWAYS encouraging and ALWAYS supportive and helped me soooooo much. I love her so much and I have cried SO much in the last couple days. I couldn't keep it together at church yesterday. I just cried. hahaha
Anyways, I am going to miss Hermana Rajapakse so much. Our companionship was AWESOME. In every sense of the word. We've never had an argument, we've never fought, I´ve never even been mildly irritated with this girl. In our lessons and after our lessons, she was ALWAYS encouraging and ALWAYS supportive and helped me soooooo much. I love her so much and I have cried SO much in the last couple days. I couldn't keep it together at church yesterday. I just cried. hahaha
But she promised that she'll see me again. She promised that she'll visit me. And you know what? When she promises something, I can believe her. I can trust her 100%. Trust and an open line of communication are key in a companionship. She´s awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment