Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 8

I don't really have time for much else this week, so I´ll share a spiritual experience!

So last week, Hermana Rajapakse and I taught this one lady the Restoration. She had heard it before, but we were simplifying it for her. I couldn't understand ANYTHING that was being said by the lady. I understand my companion because her Spanish is very clear and she pronounces each word individually, but I didn't know what was the investigator was saying. Anyways, Hermana Rajapakse was testifying, then the lady stopped her and said, ¨Sure, these stories are beautiful, but I don´t believe that this church is true.¨ Again, I had no idea what was going on, but my companion still looked at me and gave me the signal that it was my time to bear my testimony. I wasn't even really sure what to say, but I dove into it with my broken Spanish. 

I said, ¨Sorry. Spanish is tough for me. But I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God...¨ At this point, I started crying and didn't even know why I was crying. The lady stopped me and said that it was okay. I didn't have to continue. Then H. Rajapakse continued what she was saying. But I really felt like I needed to say more, so I stopped H. Rajapakse and continued, using words that I didn't even think I had really learned. I said, ¨Again, Spanish is difficult for me, and I miss my family. But I am here in Chile right now because I KNOW that these things are true. I KNOW that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God and I KNOW that the book of Mormon is true. I am here because I want you to feel the same happiness that I feel from this knowledge.¨

I had a good long cry after ending the lesson with a prayer and leaving that investigator´s house. hahaha I've never had that happen before in a lesson. 

But anyways I was given the words to say when I needed them. The gift of tongues is real, people! =D

More stories and awesomeness to come next week. Love you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment