"I
have your soul." hahahaha
But
I'm understanding a lot more and speaking more in lessons and such. Me and my
companions teach one or sometimes two of three fake investigators almost every
day. Hermana Naegle typically dominates the conversations because she took
three years of Spanish, but Hermana Chapman and I have been putting it all
together from scratch. But it's amazing to see how far we've come since the
first week. We still have a tendency to be pretty hard on ourselves, though.
But we just have to step back and remember that we've only been here for two
weeks. But seriously, by day four I was like, "I’m not learning anything!
Gaaaah! I need to be fluent!" Yeah, I overcame that thought real quickly.
I got kind of a pep talk/smack down from one of my maestros, Hermano Ceballos,
because I wasn't having any patience with myself.
Anyways,
this last week was pretty much the same as last week as far as classes and
study goes. Me and the guys in my district are in the same stinky classroom for
about 12 hours every day. Not all in a row, though. We get ten minute breaks
every hour or we'd probably go crazy from all of the study.
I
love the schedule, though. I love having things to do constantly. I think the
thing that stresses me out most is having to write a five minute talk in
Spanish for every Sunday because El Presidente doesn't announce who is speaking
until after the Sacrament is passed. It feels very Hunger Games to me. And the
resounding sigh of relief that passes over those who didn't get picked is
hilarious.
I've
had lots of awesome things happen this week. For one thing, I sang a special
musical number in front of the entire MTC and since then, people have been
asking me to sing. Especially the Latinos. They can't get enough! So I sing all
the time, even if I'm just humming a little tune. It's very therapeutic for me
and it's a great way to invite the Spirit. Today one of my Maestros, Hermano
CaƱas, said, "Use your gift in the field. It's a powerful tool and it invites
the Spirit so quickly. So just sing."
Another
experience I had is that I actually managed to steal the ball from a Brazilian
elder in soccer today. Seriously, there is nothing more humbling than playing
soccer with freaking Brazilians. They make the Gringos look like big awkward
giraffes whereas the Latinos are speedy little spiders. So stealing the ball
was a pretty huge accomplishment for me. Hahahaha!
One
other thing is that I was listening to one of my other teachers giving an
example lesson to a fake investigator, and I actually understood EVERYTHING he
was saying in Spanish. And I mean EVERYTHING. I felt the Spirit so strongly as
I listened to his message, and I received a much-needed boost of confidence.
Anyways,
I'm out of time, but I love my district, I LOVE this work, and I'm so grateful
every day for this amazing opportunity to be out here.
LOVE YOU!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment